- Women will be sure to tell you that all problems (los problemas) are masculine, and all solutions (las soluciones) are feminine.
- Men will mention that love (el amor) is masculine. Women will respond that hate (el odio) is too.
- Women boast that life (la vida) is feminine. Men retort that so is death (la muerte).
Another fascinating fact about the language that I learned this week is that much of the slang in Peru is derived from rearranging the order of the letters of a word. Sometimes they lose a syllable in the process.
- Beach: playa becomes yapla
- Bathroom: bano becomes noba
- Shirt: camisa becomes mica
- Pants: pantalon becomes lompa
- Lady/M'am: senora becomes norsa
- Cop: boton (button) becomes tombo
Doesn't that seem like a game you might play in 5th grade?