I'm still amazed that he's really doing it. When we arrived 2 yrs ago, he barely spoke Spanish. Now he's made contacts with dozens of Pucallpa pastors, arrived at something of an expertise in Peruvian Alpha, and mastered the language enough to be confidently approaching a fully day teaching in Spanish. Not bad.
Our desire is that this conference encourage and equip churches to implement the Alpha Course with their congregations or in their communities in the next couple of months. We'd love to see several Alpha Courses up and running before we leave Peru in April. Please pray for the conference!
1. For just the right participants. So far there are only 8 people coming. That could be really good, because training here has proved difficult, and less people might mean better learning with more specific teaching. At the same time, we want lots of people to run the course! We're trusting that God will bring the right people. Keep praying anyway!
2. For Tim's preparation. Pray for wisdom, discernment, creativity.
3. Language. Pray that Tim would speak well and communicate clearly.
4. That the conference would birth courses. Pray that people would put what they have learned into use.
5. For Tim's heart. Pray that he would be encouraged and positive.