Here's what I want to know: Why hasn't anyone said anything about this awesome photo of me with the little Shipibo ladies?! Getting this outfit was definitely the highlight of my month. My favorite part was convincing the women to be in the photo with me. It involved some translation of course because not all of them speak Spanish (or obviously English).
On another topic, I want to say how overwhelmed we've been by God's provision and your generosity already in this transition. I've been keep a quickly growing gratitude list in my journal about anything and everything, but here are a few of recent blessings related to our return:
- We have been hugely encouraged by all your sweet notes telling us that you're excited to see us and that you're praying for our transition.
- The Hoods have offered the use of their Volvo through May 8!! That means we have one big concern taken care of and will have more time to find a good permanent car.
- The Finks have an air mattress that we an use until we get bed and and mattress out of storage.
- A few friends have already indicated that they would like to give financial or other gifts to help us out.
- The Eternal Church team from Fort Mill is going to take our luggage home! I know I've said this before (probably multiple times) but that's how excited I am. It saves us both money and the chaos of carting all this stuff home with us.
- Tim sold our electronics (well, the ones we wanted to get rid of at least) today instantly to the people at the computer repair place. They sell for about 50% more here than in the US, so we can use the money to replace our tired electronics with better ones when we get home. Plus it means less baggage.
- Several new missionary families have stepped up to buy all of our furniture already. I'm hoping we can have a successful yard sale our last week here for all the other stuff.
- We continue to be encouraged in our job searches and grateful for all the good news we keep getting (although no jobs yet). Tim in particular is really enjoying all of the reconnecting he's gotten to do through job networking. Thanks to all of you who have been reaching out to him to help!
- Some friends invited us over to dinner last night and prayed with us for our transition. What a sweet act of solidarity and fellowship!
- I have been pleasantly surprised by my lack of anxiety through this process (so far). I have struggled with significant anxiety for 10+ years, so I don't receive this gift lightly. It's a tremendous blessing to me on a personal level and also practically since it frees me up to put my energy into making this transition as smooth as possible!
So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:31-33