In other news...
- It's 80 degrees in our house and feels perfect to me. I wouldn't dream of calling this hot. On the other hand, I'm a little nervous about August if this is what early April feels like.
- Tim had a pre-interview this morning for a possibly good job. I actually haven't gotten to hear yet about how it went (other than "well"). Please pray for the next steps!
- The dogs are adjusting well to being home, but I got some dirty looks today when Ellie was wandering peacefully around the local playground. I asked my friend about it, and she confirmed that big dogs off leashes aren't really kosher.
- I washed a car for the first time ever this morning. Then I got on a roll and started washing the shingles and posts of our house. Spring cleaning!
- We're hoping to buy our own car this week and have some good leads. Maybe I'll have something to report there soon!
- I made baked sweet potatoes and ratatouille for dinner last night. When we sat down to our first me-cooked meal since we got here, it felt so normal. Amazing how long (and wonderful, really) 3 weeks without cooking turns out to be.
- Tim bought me Easter tulips, and they're brightening up my whole life from the dining room table.
- We went by Gordon Conwell (seminary) yesterday to pick up books and get me ready for summer classes. I'm really excited about some of the courses that are being offered this summer!
- All the new (to us) folks at our church have been super gracious and welcoming. I'm really excited to get to know many of them and am hopeful for making meaningful new friendships.