Ironically, this morning I finished my week study on joy in Living Beyond Yourself. Ironically and beautifully, really, because despite the reality I am experiencing, this week more than ever, I needed to remember that there is another option out there: JOY! I think it finally sunk in this morning that joy just isn't something I can drum up on my own AND YET it's an option for me. Joy is ingrained in the nature of God, flowing out from His person, and available to me through the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit. Could it really be true that there is a power of joy out there beyond my own will power?
Today I am praying and expectantly waiting for something new- for the power to live beyond myself, to live above these circumstances, to live in the joy for which I was destined. Instead of working for a sense of peace (there's some more irony for you), I am receiving it. He has more than enough of all I need.
Holy Spirit, fill me with joy...
- as I remember the way you have saved me and continue to save me from everything less than you want for me
- as I find your person, power, and plan in all circumstances
- as you restore me to your heart
- as I abide in you, dwell in you, remain in you
- as I share this pilgrimage with others