- Bought all the junk you need for a house-- trashcans, a rolling pin, sheets, overhead lighting fixtures, etc. Really we bought it for a second time, because we have most of the same things in storage in Charlotte. Only this time we bought more or less the cheapest available of everything.
- Trapsed around the city to find all available options for wood furniture. Today we landed on what I think is the best idea, to commission most of it from a carpinter.
- Began working on obtaining our Peruvian ID cards.
- Got a Neopolitan Mastiff puppy this afternoon- more on that later.
- Seen some very ritzy parts of town (think SouthPark mall) and some very sketchy parts (the housekeeper here is mad we went).
- Spent the better part of each day in taxis.
Here's what we haven't done yet:
- Found any feasible options for sofas.
- Responded to many phone calls or emails (sorry!).
- Rested much. We are taking tomorrow "off" and really looking forward to it. Hopefully that will also give me a chance to update this blog with more thoughts about what's going on and also with some photos of the new puppy!
PS Happy Birthday to my dad (60) and to Jenny (26?)!