Here's why you should pray for us:
We have a bunch of people coming to hang out with us every Friday night who don't know much about God and haven't had many experiences with Him. They're curious about what Christianity is all about, but they are so confused by all that they've heard from the church, from their families, and from "people" in general. We want to give them a chance to hear, see, and experience the truth, so that they can make up their mind about what they want to do with the offer God makes for them.
Here's how you can pray for us:
1. Our leaders. Pray that they would give 100% tonight by coming early, helping out, and reaching out to the participants. Pray that this leadership and service would spur them on to grow in their own relationships with God.
2. Our participants. They won't understand the heart of all of this unless God makes it clear to them. Pray that the Holy Spirit will move in their hearts. Pray that God will draw them near to them. Pray that our attendance will be strong, and that we'll have a balance of men and women.
3. Our groups. You'd never believe how hard it is to assign groups, particularly with changing attendance! Pray that we would have wisdom here. Pray that our group discussion time would be comfortable and that people would be genuine.
4. Us. It seems like Fridays are always tough. Is this spiritual attack? I'm not sure. Pray anyway that God would protect us from discouragement, irritability, and anxiety today. Pray that we would be full and happy going into tonight.
5. Alpha Retreat. We think we've chosen a location for the retreat! It's on the edge of town and has a pool, space to play volleyball (big plus for these people), and a good place to watch the videos and have our discussion time. Pray that people would get excited about it, make steps to save money for it ($2!!), and set aside Nov. 2 on their schedules.