1. Pull a match out of the coffee cup. Ellie ate the box, so we're storing them in a cup. Unfortunately, that means we can't strike them on the box either.
2. Light an eye on the stove by turning on the gas and flicking the lighter switch.
3. Light the match.
4. Turn on the gas in the oven.
5. Bring the match from the stovetop to the oven (without it blowing out) and stick it close to the hole where the gas comes in. It should light the gas.
6. Turn off the stove eye.
7. Use the oven thermometer my mom sent to measure the temperature. The oven has no temperature indications other than how far you turn the dial (min to max).
So far it's working great! It's amazing how not important precise oven temperatures turn out to be.
PS- Don't turn the stovetop eye off until you're sure the oven is lit. If the match blows out and the stove is off, you'll have to go through extra steps.