- only wrote 3 office referrals
- called no parents (parents of those three have already heard from me plenty)
- chased a student around the campus
- looked at pictures of one student's one-year-old child
- found out another student miscarried
- got called a b**** a** teacher from across the room
- got to speak in Spanish a lot
- told several students how much I appreciate their determination and believe in their futures
- enjoyed lesson planning in a quiet office after school
Right now I'm sitting at my desk looking out the window at my eclectic and green neighborhood that I cherish so dearly. Taza is on my lap getting her snuggling in, and Ellie is lying on the floor chewing on her minty fresh rope. We're waiting for Tim to come home in 22 minutes from his job, which he is enjoying by the way.
Aaaah, a deep breath and I feel at peace. The fact that I get through these days is enough evidence for me that God is real, and getting through them still in a good mood? A miracle!