Today as a group from church gathered at the Sircar's house to pray for us, I felt unworthily honored by the people God is raising up to be the bulk of that glacier. Four and a half years ago, I came back from a short trip to Honduras with the conviction that my time on the mission field had not arrived. I felt convinced that I needed to wait for the moment when I could be sent with a community and from a community. As we prayed, that hope came back to me, and I felt astounded by all that the Lord has done to bring answers to those desires. I want to acknowledge some of the ways that provision is being manifest right now.
Thank you, thank you...
- to the Lord for providing me a partner for life and ministry. Tim is more than I could ever ask or imagine.
- to Tim for stepping out onto a limb and giving this a shot. It won't be easy, but it will be good.
- to Marty Metzl for showing me the dedication and servant's heart of Christ as I have never seen it before in her eagerness to partner with us and to mobilize our church to do the same. When I grow up, I want to be like Marty. Seriously.
- to Anna Sircar for the woman she is and inspires in me, and for her hospitality today as she opened her home and invited our church to come and pray together with us for Peru
- to the Pinkstons for their steady care and love, from lunch my second week at Kings (in 2000) to a tasty chicken salad this afternoon