The last time we went to NYC (Oct 2004), the Museum of Modern Art was in the process of moving from their temporary location back to their newly renovated normal location. Tim was devastated and has been dying to return to see the MoMA since. With some last minute discounts, we managed to slip up there for a pre-Peru weekend and had a fabulous time.
Highlights of our trip:
- Dinner at Vong, a new French-Thai fusion restaurant
- Hotel Mela, 1/2 block from Times Square
- The view from the Empire State Building at midnight
- Legally Blonde, the musical!
- MoMA's stars- Rothko, Giacommetti, Pollock, Diebenkorn, Monet, Matisse, Miro...