The topic tonight is "What about the Church?" This is a pretty big issue for us when it comes to Alpha. So far most of the people who have done the Alpha Course have not become involved in the Comunidad Cristiana or any other church around here. It is our understanding from reading the Bible that the Christian life is meant to be lived in community, and we long to see this group grasp that concept. Pray for us tonight!
1. Attendance. We still don't have much of a clue about who will come tonight! Pray that the "right" people would come (on time) with open ears and open hearts.
2. Us. Pray that we would have a relaxing afternoon and go into this night full of joy and peace.
3. Alpha Questionaires. One problem with this round of the course is that we feel less connected with the participants and don't really have a sense of how this course is (or isn't) helping them in their lives of faith. Tonight they fill our questionaires that address much of that. Pray that they would understand the questions and answer them with sincerity.
4. Logistics. Chicken and Apple Curry, set-up, sound and video equipment, children (not) being a distraction.
5. Introducing New Life in Christ. We are so excited to be able to offer this follow-up discipleship course to Alpha starting next Thursday! Pray that we would have wisdom about how to explain to our Alpha people that Alpha is over, they can't come to the next Alpha, and that we want them to come to this new course. New Life is a very different and more "serious" course. Pray that we would explain it in a way that encourages people to come but also communicates the commitment involved.