I've decided to start a list of the books I want to read to my children some day, starting with the ones my dad read to me.
- The Hobbit
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy (I think we read through these twice.)
- The Dark is Rising series
- The Once and Future King
- Chronicles of Pridian series (a real favorite)
- the Tripods trilogy (John Christopher)
- Little Women
- A Wrinkle in Time
- Redwall and all the others that had been written at the time
I can't remember if Dad read these to us or not, but I'm adding them to my list. I'm at least sure that one or both of my parents put them in my hands.
- The Chronicles of Narnia
- Anne of Green Gables series
- The Mouse and the Motorcycle series
- Bridge to Terebithia
- The Giver
- The Twenty-One Balloons
- The Wheel on the School
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
- Where the Red Fern Grows
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
- The Borrowers
- Ramona and friends
- Number the Stars
- A Little Princess
- The Secret Garden
- Little House on the Prarie series
- Harry Potter 1-7
What am I forgetting? A LOT, I know.
Email me or better yet, post a comment so others can reap the benefits!